Sunday, November 6, 2011

TOUGH COOKIES

We are not in the land of Oz any more and it has been a very hard transition from one place or another.  The children enjoyed being able to have more freedom and I didn't have to worry about where they were or who they were with.

My home was robbed and I had to rush home without being ready to transition from one place to another easily.  It is very hard to get over someone coming in your house and going through your things.  I have insurance but it just can't replace items that had sentimental values.  I am very nervous when I unlock the door in the fear that someone has been in my home.  They where very careful not break anything and to make all look normal, I didn't notice I had been robbed until I went in my room.

I can not get over the feeling of being violated, and every time I think I am over it I find something else missing that I didn't realize.  Although we are fine and safe it took some time before the children where able to sleep in their rooms.  I guess it just goes back to how safe we was in the land of Oz and how violated I now feel in the Big Cold World. I know we will get through it but it is such an awful feeling, when something like this happens.

The eye opener though is how many people run to your assistance and lend a helping hand emotionally and physically.  I am very thankful to those who helped me fix items and feel more secure.  I am also thankful to all who listened and let me cry on their shoulders and gave me emotional support.  Thank You for continuing to get me through all the emotions of being angry, mad, and sad.  I feel blessed that we was not here when it occurred and that God kept us safe.

My family and I are tough cookies we will get through this and move on to the next challenge.  REMEMBER, God is always out there; he provides us with courage, faith, support,strength, family and friends. Also remember my favorite word, "PERSEVERANCE".

No comments:

Post a Comment