Saturday, June 25, 2011

They think they are adults

Ahh, teenagers.  It takes a great deal of tolerance to raise them, patience, and the ability to let things go.  It is always good to remember that the next day starts anew, and you get to start over and try again.


It is amazing how soon they want the privileges of being an adult, but not the responsibilities of an adult.  It is very hard for them to see why they can't have those rights.  It takes a lot of patience to finish raising them, without wanting to  throw your hands up!


I feel our society has given our children too much freedom and they grow up so much faster than we did when we were younger.  Our children are still not mature enough to handle the outside world.


I have raised one teenager already and I have two more to go.  God will give me the strength I hope to finish the job, for this one is a lot different from my oldest.   He has no sense of time no matter what I do, to help him remember what time it is, I guess that is part of the ADHD.


One more thing to remember is that every child is different so what worked for the last teenager is not going to work for the next one.  Sometimes by the time you figure out what approach to use they are grown.


Oh well, we will get through it, for God never gives us more than we can handle.
Good Luck to all experiencing raising a teenager.  I wish you peace, patience, tolerance, moxy and the ability to let go of their mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment